Vegan West African Peanut Soup. This spicy, creamy, healthy West African soup delivers an abundance of nourishment for body and soul. Rich with spices, and comforting to the soul you’ll be inspired to make this again and again. And it is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
West African Peanut Soup
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 bunch of kale roughly chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 5 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno seeded
- 2 tbsp ginger peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup tomato paste optional
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 cup unsalted peanut paste
- 1/4 cup raw peanuts roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
- Saute garlic, onion, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno a large saucepan until soft and translucent.
- Add sweet potato, tomatoes, kale, spices and liquids to a large pot and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sweet potato is tender. Turn of the heat.
- Turn off the heat and stir in peanut paste until combined.
- Allow the soup to cool and serve in bowl, pour in the lemon juice and garnish with chopped peanuts and coriander
See More Recipes
Vegan Avgolemono for starters! This vegan variation of the traditional Greek Lemon Soupwill become…29 March, 2022
This green apple gazpacho is a refreshing twist on the traditional gazpacho, made with…11 February, 2022
Miso Soup. Whether you serve this savoury soup to your guests while hosting Japanese…1 August, 2021